Why an Online Presence Is So Important Now More Than Ever - Ananya Gupta
“Having an online presence can help you build an audience. Many consumers are more likely than ever to turn to the Internet to address their needs during these uncertain times.”
From networking opportunities to finding business leads and increasing your personal credibility, online presence in today’s digital age is more important than ever. How we present ourselves online is extremely important both personally and professionally.
If you’re not online it’s basically like you don’t exist. When you create an online presence, you automatically become more accessible and visible to your target audience. People can find you quickly and easily with a simple search and engage with you.
This article points out 3 ways to establish a strong online presence.
1. Improve Your Overall Online Presence
“Having a strong online presence with a personal website can help you build your brand and gain credibility.”
Having a clean and aesthetic website can make visitors to your website stay longer and the possibility of gaining a loyal fan even. Here are a few ways to improve your website;
- Refresh your websites look
- Optimize your site for mobile
- Create valuable content
- Do some SEO research
- Incorporate keywords on your website pages
- Improve overall user experience
2. Build Your Social Media Presence
“Social media is a wildly important tool for communication right now.”
Social media is a powerful tool when it comes to promoting and knowing the current trend. It is mostly used for being in the know of what is happening to the people around us and even celebrities. So what you post, will be crucial in creating your online presence, especially if it correlates with a business.
- Be active and be present
- Develop strong campaigns
- Utilize sponsored posts or paid advertisements
- Engage by going live
- Keep your customers in the loop with company/organization updates
- Promote special or limited-time offerings
3. Be Creative
“The more creative you are, the better.”
Creativity comes in many shapes and forms. It can come in pictures, videos, and carousel posts. The tone is also important as it is an indication of how you convey your message to your audience. Here are some creative strategies mentioned;
- Humanize your company/organization and build a positive connection with the public by showcasing your employees and their stories.
- Use video to share business advice, inspiring stories, or product reviews.
- Show support for your customers with new financial constraints by offering special discounts that will keep revenue flowing.
- Use smart marketing on social media, email campaigns, or paid ads to promote positivity and relay important messages of safety during the pandemic.
The COVID-19 pandemic has shown us how important it is to have an online presence. It presented a lot of businesses with the challenges and opportunities of what social media could offer. Building a professional online presence isn’t difficult; it simply requires dedication on your part. By consistently and authentically engaging with your network, staying fresh with relevant content, and being your audience’s go-to person, you’ll soon be on your way to building a powerful personal brand and online presence.
Connect with Ananya on LinkedIn.